Saturday, September 11, 2010

18, really?

Today's delight: Girl-time with my baby sis and niece.  We got nails done, hit the mall, and just overall hung out.  Then came home and the munchkin and I took a 2 1/2 hour nap.  That's how I roll!

This wasn't today, but isn't he just freakin cute for no reason!
Today's dilemma: So at the mall I wanted to buy a pair or two of jeans because, well, I can only fit my maternity jeans and that's just not cool.  #1, they are too big and #2, the band that is supercool for a pregnancy bump is superhot without one and in 95 degree heat with retarded humidity.  I get to my favorite New York & Company with CityCash in hand, ready to do some damage (to the tune of $45 *smile).  I start browsing the dress pants first (since I only have 5 pair that I can comfortably wear and I teach 4 days a week) looking for a size 16 to try.  NO 16'S! So I'm like, lets try on the 18 and see what we're working with.  I head over to the jeans section and NO 16'S!  The superawesome sales lady tells me which ones are made for curvy chicks like me and so I grab 2 different styles in, again, an 18 to see what we're working with.  Superawesome sales lady says let me know how those fit and then I'll check in the back to see if we('re hiding) have any 16's.

Side note:  I gained 53 pounds pregnant, have lost like 46 but it's all in weird places now and I wasn't where I was supposed to be pre-pregnant anyway.  So I'm going through all this when "my" size should and shall be a 14...

Anywho, I try on these 18s and the dress pants were just way too big.  They were wide-legged so it was like I had a sack on with belt loops!  In the jeans, both pair fit my thighs but were too big in the waist.  I asked Superawesome and my baby sis if they thought there was a point in trying the 16s and they both agreed that no because then my thighs would be screaming bloody murder.  So one pair would work with the aid of a pretty belt (which I bought too) and the other had too much extra material gathering up around my hips and upper thighs. 

I'm just so frustrated that my thighs are like a 16/18 at stores and my waist is a 14/16 with the sixteens not matching up.  I've never been an 18!  This 1 year of breastfeeding needs to come on so the rest of my weight loss can kick it up a notch.  I know I'm ignoring the obvious eating better and exercising mantra, but this is me we're talking about!!!

1 comment:

  1. Since I abandoned breastfeeding after three days or something like that (champion me!) I haven't lost all my weight. I can wear pre-preggers clothes, but my butt is still entirely oversized. Been thinking of walking in the garage at work (like lovely Registrar does), but I haven't actually gotten motivated enough to do it.

    I'm having a shopping ATTACK. Wanna shop so bad I can't see straight.

    And he is just the cutest thing. I wish Greyson would master that tripod supported sitting thing, but for the most part he expects us to help him sit up so he can grab our noses.

    ReplyDelete